Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Low Shoulder - Through the trees
(I don't really like the video but there isn't an official one )


One of those songs I play at the back of the bus when there's nothing else to play - I love how this one gives me a feeling of emptiness with its repetition of the same few bars throughout the song. Like how cycles head you towards nowhere and after awhile you get numbed by routine. It puts a whole new kind of feeling into emptiness.

I can't explain how being devoid of emotion is an emotion itself, you just have to.. feel it for yourself.

I love the way the same images flash past me when I'm on the bus. Time freezes for me in that half an hour; while the whole world is in motion (people getting off at different stops), I'll be at the back observing all of them because I'm always the last one to leave.

On lucky days, I'll find the perfect song to put on repeat (through the trees this evening), the music setting the mood and the pace for my thoughts. I just... really love this song.



Beyonce - If I were a boy

This song brings intense emotions.


I'm usually not that much of a pop person but great songs are an exception. It's hard to define what "great" is, sometimes we fall in love with songs we don't even expect ourselves to listen to.

Anything's good if it pleases my ears regardless of its genre. It's wonderful to know people who share the same taste! (mostly)

No comments: